With DHCP, where does one find their IP, nameserver and gateway addresses?

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Thu May 5 04:55:47 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 00:51 -0400, Rick Berger wrote:
> With DHCP, where does one find their IP, nameserver and gateway
> addresses?

run 'ifconfig' from the commandline (there are other ways, but this is
perhaps the simplest).

> I want to try doing re-install of a broken Debian box faking a static
> connection with the DHCP addresses from my Ubuntu box, but I can't find
> them.

Wow. Sounds a little complicated. Why not use dhcp on the debian box
during the install?

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt (ID 23A02B1F)