Cannot boot from Hoary CD

Luke Venediger lukev123 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:42:17 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I am trying to install Ubuntu Hoary on my Gran's computer (she is 75!) I
believe it'll be easier for her to use and for me to remotely support.

My problem is that I cannot boot from the Hoary CD. The machine is a Pentium
1, 133mhz, and I have set CDROM to boot first in the bios. When the machine
starts up I get the foloowing message:

Boot from ATAPI CDROM:
1 fd system type - (00)

And then Windows 95 proceeds to boot up (which is currently installed on the
harddrive). I've thought about making boot disks, but I think the stiffy
drive has seen better days (about 5 years ago).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Luke Venediger.
--