A Plea for sanity when posting to this list.

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:43:55 UTC 2005

> Top-posting also means that interspersing comments in the original text
> (i.e. putting comments close to the text that insipred them) isn't done.

Just for the record I do normally try to properly intersperse my replies.

> Are you seriously saying that top-posting is good because a few email
> clients position the cursor above the commented text? I use an email
> client where the cursor is put on the From: line, does that mean I
> should put my comments in the email header? Are you too lazy to use the
> arrow keys? ;-)

No. No. Well, sometimes ;), seriously no of course not :)

> Outlook just plain sucks!

Yes, I don't use that EVER!!! :)

> You are of course free to top-post, and I am free to reply the way I
> want. I write replies so that _I_ find them easy to read. I only reply
> to emails I can read and understand, sometimes top-posts are easy to
> read (yours was) but I find it to be more work to read long top-posts
> and therefore often skip replying!

Agreed, I just mean that in different situations different styles may
best suite the reply. Posters choice(but of course we need to be
thoughtful of others in choosing so its easier for everyone to
understand).

Matt