marillat gpg

Tobias Cloete tobias at angloplat.com
Wed May 4 12:13:04 UTC 2005

> In Synaptic package manager there's a setting window named
> "Authentication keys" (Settings > Repositories > Authentication).

> This is where you can find it in Hoary. I easily forget that we have
two
> a little different Ubuntu versions now. Can't remember the the
> corresponding menu path in Warty though (don't even know if this
setting
> is present there) :-/v

If I can remember correctly, it's the same in Warty.

> In Synaptic package manager there's a setting window named
"Authentication
> keys" (Settings > Repositories > Authentication). I'd like to know if
it's
> possible to use that to install this gpg key and how would one do it.
The
> only way to install a key there seems to be by using a normal file
open
> dialog ("Choose a key file") which you apparently can use to install a
key
> that's already on your hard disk, but not to download the key from a
key
> server (it seems).

Nope, only by adding the key (in a pain txt file) or by using the
command
# gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 1F41B907

Importing the txt file worked for me..

Check out this post:

> Announcing the availability of:
> Unofficial Ubuntu 5.04 Add-On CD

> http://www.ubuntuguide.org/add-on-cd

> List of the applications in the CD
> http://www.ubuntuguide.org/add-on-cd/add-on-cd-2005-04-28

> If you have bandwidth to mirror it, do let me know :)

Seems this works great! And its great for newbies aswell..

Regards,
Tobias Cloete