Bottom vs. Top Posting (WAS: A Plea for sanity when posting to this list.)

Ken McLennan kenrmcl at dnet.net.au
Wed May 4 11:30:05 UTC 2005

G'day there Russell,

> topics. I hate opening a message scrolling to the bottom of a long
> message to see a "me too" comment, when I'm scanning the list.

	I guess that also comes down to editing. A "me too" comment needs
nothing but the "Subject:" line, or a quote of 2 lines or so to
demonstrate what the poster is agreeing with. For such a simple comment
there's no need to leave the original text in its entirety.

> I guess, in the spirit of Ubuntu and tolerance each approach has their
> place and we should use them where appropriate and drop the religous
> overzealous  approach.

	No. You should all just agree with ME =).

See ya
Ken