(Solved) Distrowatch down for several days?

Russell Cook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 3 22:32:04 UTC 2005

No worries Ari - glad the idea helped. I've had a lot of help from forum
so it's good to pass something useful back.

I'm not 100% sure I understand what the problem is from your ISP's
explanation, but I'm assuming from what was said, whichever carrier/body
controls IP address space allocation in your part of Europe hadn't
enabled routing correctly.

Glad all is fixed.

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 16:54 +0300, Ari Torhamo wrote:

> ti, 2005-05-03 kello 09:14 +0300, Ari Torhamo kirjoitti:
> > su, 2005-05-01 kello 04:28 +0300, Ari Torhamo kirjoitti:
> > >

> > > I'll contact them on monday. New hope - thanks :-)
> >

> > I contacted my service provider and got a reply to my message. They
> > thanked me for the detailed problem description I sent them (I forward
> > these thanks to people who helped me on this list :) and said the
> > following - which I don't understand much of:
> > (Translated from Finnish)
> > "We will request the operator to open the routing for the network space
> > we aquired last autumn. The problem is the fact that some operators
> > route the traffic from unused network segments to /dev/null and at the
> > same time don't monitor if new segments are taken to use.
> >
> > Saunalahti Group Oyj / support"
> >
> > Now I'm a little optimistic about the problem getting fixed soon :-)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ari
>

> I just opened Distrowatch.com for the first time for over two weeks. On
> the other words - problem solved! Contacting my ISP helped quickly - I
> wouldn't have guessed that such an isolated problem with a single page
> might concern my ISP. Thank's Russ for this idea. And thanks to
> everybody who helped to isolate the problem - or even tried :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Ari

kind regards Russell
www.windsorcycles.com.au