Live / Install CD (WAS:Re: GRUB : couple quick newbie questions...)

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue May 3 19:52:38 UTC 2005

Yeah I did read this too in the wiki or wherever I saw this discussed,
but again, the devs said that doing this woiuld require to remove a
bunch of programs, which we obviously don't want to do, as the default
desktop must be fully functionnal, as is today. What use would be a
live&install CD, if it didn't provide you with a full featured desktop ?
Would be useless at worse, or annoying at best, if you have internet
access and broadband to download the missing programs.
I wold rather have a super good live CD, fully featured with a full
suite of "recovery" utility programs, and a separate install CD with a
full featured desktop, than a single Cd with half a desktop install and
half a live CD... Plus, when you order one Cd, you are given both the
install and the Live CD for free. So I say...keep them separate...
Improve them both as best as possible, but don't merge them, or make as
an optional DVD not a CD.

Just my 2 Euro cents...

--
Vince