qemu

dan hentaidan at gmail.com
Tue May 3 16:33:28 UTC 2005

According to the supported os's page at
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/ossupport.html , Win XP and Win
2000 are known to have problems.

As for launching a windows disk image the command ' qemu -hda disk.img
-boot c ' works, ('c' being the boot hard drive) and uses the default
memory, etc. options.

I use a script in the nautilus-scripts folder to boot hard disk
images, iso, and floppy images. Saves using the command line.

<code>
#!/bin/bash
#
for I in `echo $*`
do

// for hard drive use:
// qemu -hda $I -boot c -m 256 -enable-audio

// for floppy image use:
// qemu -fda $I -boot a -m 256 -enable-audio

// for iso use:
// qemu -cdrom $I -boot d -m 256 -enable-audio

   done
done
exit0
</code>

All you have to do is right click on the image and select it from the
scripts menu item.

Dan