Linux in Government: Linux Desktops in the Enterprise with Microsoft Terminal Services | Linux Journal

Tom Adelstein adelste at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 16:01:34 UTC 2005

If you don't know, I write the Linux in Government column for Linux Journal.

One of the posts we had on the Ubuntu list provided inspiration for this weeks article.

Brian Astill - thank you.

If anyone has missed the advances in how Linux desktops can run Windows applications from MS Terminal Services native in Windows XP Pro and 2003 Server, here's a recap.

Rdesktop and TSClient have gone up several gradients in capability and do not require server extensions like the Citrix ICA client which is still available for Linux.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8287