Partition Table (Resend)

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Tue May 3 11:52:37 UTC 2005

I found this on the web.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=122656

It claims that error 15 is a lack of a file. The only file that GRUB
should care about is the kernel (since it already found stage 1.5). So I
would use a live CD to check for a valid kernel where the GRUB line
leads you.

Also, can you bring up the boot menu? If you can't you might not have a
valid menu.lst file in /boot/grub/.

The other thing that is possible, I know some bioses can be picky about
allowing access to large disks, if you have the option, place the new
partition at the same physical spot on the disk as the one you deleted
or nearer the beginning of the drive. I am not certain if GRUB is
effected by this like I believe LILO was, but it's something to try.

Matt