unseen added devices

Frank Schafer frank.schafer at t-systems.cz
Tue May 3 06:51:08 UTC 2005

Hmmm,

I know, Ubuntu calls itself "Linux for Human Beengs". More and more this
seems to me a metaphor for "Linux for BFU".

Having a GUI is fine if the GUI-maker has everything you need. The GNOME
GUI-maker didn't expect you to connect a printer to the serial port.

Do you still remember? There is a very powerful command on Linux. ...
man ...

Type "man cupsd" into your favorite terminal window. Sure you'll find
something helpful.

Please don't be angry. Remember that there are other input devices than
the mouse. There is a keyboard too ;). Customizing a textual
configuration file is often faster than go astray in a couple of
clicking clashes. If the GUI misses this one nifty button you need
you're not lost.