Distrowatch down for several days?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Tue May 3 04:44:56 UTC 2005

ma, 2005-05-02 kello 21:22 +0100, James Wilkinson kirjoitti:

> It should be possible to copy and paste from a terminal. Which one are
> you using? In GNOME terminal, highlight what you want to copy (with the
> left mouse button), and use Shift-Ctrl-C or the Edit menu.

Thanks for the info :-) When I wrote those lines I was using the
graphical Networktools (in Applications > Systemtools (translated from
Finnish)) and noticed that copy and paste doesn't work there - not with
the mouse, not with the keyboard.

> Alternatively, all X applications are supposed to be able to use X
> select and paste: you highlight something by holding the left mouse
> button and dragging the mouse, switch to where you want to put the text,
> and use the middle mouse button. If you have a wheel mouse, you probably
> want to "click" the wheel. If you have a two-button mouse, you probably
> want to press both mouse buttons together at the same time.

Yes, this is how it should work, but it doesn't :-/ I hope this will be
fixed in the future (I'll report it as a bug, unless I find out that
someone already has).

Thanks :-)

Ari