XFCE4.2 sound problem

Joe Wamsley jw at netrattler.net
Tue May 3 03:45:13 UTC 2005

    I'm having a sound issue while running XFCE4.2, I like using
rhythmbox for my mp3's but I know that it needs esound to run it. The
only way I can play music in it right now is to open a terminal and type
esd. Is there a way I can get XFCE to do this automatically for me or is
there another solution. I tried the "How to configure sound to work
properly in gnome" but that caused problems with my sound card so I went
back with the old setup. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe