qemu

Russell Cook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 3 03:13:48 UTC 2005

Hi has anyone been using qemu to run other OS? I've successfully
installed Windows XP in a qemu session, but can't get it to reboot. It
hangs on the "Booting from Hard Disk..." line with not other output. I
know the OS is written to the disk as I've rebooted windows within the
qemu session and it's reloaded (and not from the CD) so I'm not sure
what to "fix".

The command line I've used is "qemu -hda winxp".  I've also tried "qemu
-hda winxp -boot d"  but all to no avail.

How do I get qemu to boot an installed OS?

kind regards Russell
www.windsorcycles.com.au
bikes.no-ip.info
Linux user #369094