getting urls in gnome apps to open new tabs in firefox

Kenton Brede kbrede at nixnotes.org
Mon May 2 23:20:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 07:07:30PM -0400, Byron Poland (wpoland at gmail.com) wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the command line to run
> firefox in the gnome prefered apps settings?  I've googled around and
> tried some bash scripting with no luck.
>
> Almost all the web pages I view have rss feeds, but I often follow the
> included links, or launch a bunch at once, using Blam! to read the
> feeds, and clicking on the links opens a bunch of firefox windows.

Have you installed firefox's "Tabbrowser Preference" extension and set
links to load in new tabs?  I'm able to load links in mutt, while in
gnome-terminal, into tabs.  I'm not entirely sure that will solve your
problem but .....
Kent

--
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
  - Martin Luther King Jr.