IPW2200

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Mon May 2 22:39:46 UTC 2005

1) The IPW2200 driver for Intel Centrino is now up to version
1.03. Version 1.02 came out on March 23rd, well in time for
Hoary. Yet -- unless I did something wrong -- the driver
wasn't updated in Hoary, which shipped with version 0.19.
0.19 is actually quite behind the times, having come out
late last year.

Is there any reason why Hoary stuck with the old version?

2) Debian has ipw2100-source and ipw2200-source packages;
Ubuntu only has the former. Is there any reason for this?

3) It would be handy to have a single command that a)
apt-get installed the latest version of the source package,
b) asked the user whether he or she wanted to compile and
install it, then c) compiled and installed it if the user
said yes. Does such a thing exist? I assume it would be
built into the postinst script somewhere, but I'm not sure;
does anyone know what one would do to get such a thing
working?

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org