Hoary OpenOffice evolution addressbook as data source?

Andre Truter andre.truter at gmail.com
Mon May 2 22:10:38 UTC 2005

On 5/2/05, Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:

> How did you add the Evolution address book to OpenOffice please as I
> would like to be able to do this? Thanks

You need to install the openoffice-evolution package.
Then, in OOo: Tools->Data Sources
Click the 'New Data Source' button on the top left of the dialogue.
At 'Database type', select 'Address Book'
At 'Data Source URL' you should then get the evolution connect string.
 If not, click on the  browse button to the right and select the
evolution string.

Click 'Apply' and then go to the 'Tables' tab.
You should have a list of all available address books in evolution.
Tick the ones you want.

That should do it.

But I think it does not work properly on Hoary.  I tried it on two
different machines and on both the contents of the address books are
not available.

--
Andre Truter | Software Engineer | Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 | AIM: trusoftzaf | http://www.trusoft.za.org