Install CD : RAID0 ??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon May 2 20:10:31 UTC 2005

> It all seems to go fine and I am so excited.. but then at
> the end, when it tries to install GRUB, it fails ! But it gives no
> details whatsoever, so I have no clue what it's unhappy about.
>
> What am I doing wring ? Can the install CD really create a RAID0 Ubuntu
> set-up from scratch, or does it require some prior manual prep work ?
> Can it run on a RAID0 only set-up, or does it need a "normal" /boot
> partition at the start of the disk, or anything ?

To answer my own questions, and following some more fiddling, it seems
that creating a tiny 100MB partition at the start of the the first disk,
mount it as 'boot' and turn the 'bootable' flag, then only create a
RAID0 device to host all the rest, works fine...

RAID0 made super easy... thank you so much M. Ubuntu ! :o)

--
Vince