Performance shock

Nu-Buntu ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon May 2 17:15:44 UTC 2005

Tom Adelstein Wrote:

> I just accidentally saw the contents of this post and I could not

> believe what I saw.

> I've been testing desktops for over two years and one half years now
> and

> to say that Microsoft Windows runs faster than Linux one the same

> configurations is just wrong.

> If in fact you are experiencing such an aberrant behavior, then you
> know

> how to tune Windows and don't know how to configure Linux.

> Otherwise, this thread is a Microsoft disinformation effort. Either
> way,

> it's despicable. If you don't know enough about Linux to tune up Open

> Office, then you need to do you homework.

> Also, if you're running lots of services -- as in server mode --
> compare

> the performance of Linux to Windows 2000 server running the same
> number

> of services.

> No way Windows on a comparable platform outperforms Linux. I've proven

> it hundreds of times.

> Adelstein

Tom,

Peoples' experience vary, as do their levels of proficiency. To
denegrate the poster of the OP is rude and arrogant. Not everyone has
your level of Linux experience, but we all are learning every day. We
are not all on the same place in the journey.

While it is possible the OP was a plant, I seriously doubt it. I LOVE
Linux as much as the next guy, but irrational replies stating this is
not possible is just blind zealotry. Your experiences are not
universal. Good for you that you know how to fine tune Linux, but
instead of criticism and calling the poster a liar, perhaps sharing
your wisdom would be more helpful.

--
Nu-Buntu