Problems with dell 8600

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Mon May 2 12:15:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2 May 2005 06:11 pm, aleahey wrote:
> James Gray Wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 May 2005 03:55 pm, aleahey wrote:
> > > that worked great, how can we get it to automatically do the
> >
> > modprobe
> >
> > > upon bootup?
> >
> > Add the module (file) name (without the .ko) to /etc/modules.
>
> just CP it to the modules dir?

Erm, no.  Add it's name to the /etc/modules *file*.  If you wanted to load
the "usbcore.ko" module on every boot, you would add the line "usbcore" to
the /etc/modules file.

FWIW, most people when referring to a file will use "/foo/bar" - note the
lack of trailing slash?  This represents the *file* "bar" in the directory
"foo".  Converseley, "/foo/bar/" (note the trailing slash this time?)
refers to a *directory*.  At least that's been the convention /I/ was
taught (and have used) since the Fidonet days of yonder year :)

HTH,

James
--
SAGITTARIUS (Nov 22 - Dec 21)
You are optimistic and enthusiastic.  You have a reckless tendency to rely