Xsessions

Frank Schafer frank.schafer at t-systems.cz
Mon May 2 10:24:53 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've decided to change from Gentoo to Ubuntu on the notebook I use at
work. Gentoo is a great distro but sometimes the upgrades broke my
system. I can't live with this.

I'm running Hoary Hedgehock using gdm and fluxbox as my favorite WM.
Here I use to run 2 apps on startup (xscreensaver and gkrellm). This is
done by adding them to ~/.Xsession.

They don't start. I had a look into the gdm start scripts. Somewhere
I've seen a test if the user .Xsession should be allowed.

Seems this is disabled by default on Ubuntu. I don't see any other
reason why my .Xsession doesn't run. Is this true and if yes - how can I
enable my user .Xsession?

Thanks in advance
Frank