sl-modem-daemon uninstallable in both Hoary and Breezy

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon May 2 09:25:45 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 01:08:44PM -0700, crimsun at fungus.sh.nu wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 10:59:49AM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> Debian dependencies can be found here:
>> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/misc/sl-modem-daemon
>> and the Ubuntu dependencies here:
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hoary/misc/sl-modem-daemon
>>
>> Notice that sl-modem-module-new is or'ed in the Debian package!
>
>Are you suggesting that I realign the dependencies along Debian's?

Short answer: yes!

Long answer:
I was under the impression that Ubuntu universe was a direct import from
Debian, well at least almost. Was I wrong?
If that is the case then it's a bug whenever a package in Ubuntu
universe has different dependencies compared to the Debian package
(modulo any renamed packages). That's my opinion, anyway.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual
way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of
complaining.
     -- Jeff Raskin