3C509 ethernet card on Hoary Hedgehog

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Mon May 2 00:24:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2 May 2005 10:07 am, James Gray wrote:

Poor form replying to your own post...but a few corrections.

<< SNIP >>

> Being an ISA card, the kernelhas no way of probing for IRQ's and memory
> address for the card.

Not entirely true - the 3c509 cards don't play nice with ISA plug-and-play
so you need to tell the kernel where to look.  Other ISA cards do play nice
with ISA PnP (like the SB AWE32 sound cards).

<< SNIP >>

> Best thing to do, if download the 3Com configuration tool, set the card up
                    ^^
"if"?!? WTF. "if" = "is"

<< SNIP >>

> Other's may be able to point you to some GUI-based tools, but the command
      ^^^
> line's you need are only (prefix each with "sudo"):
     ^^^
"Other's", "line's" - ?!?! Dammit! Where did those apostraphes come from!?

Moral to the story - proof read before you post.  (Self-larting in
progress).

Cheers,

James
--
Overdrawn?  But I still have checks left!