Gaim not raising windows - any ideas or is it a bug or am I stupid? :)

jorge o. castro jorge at whiprush.org
Thu Mar 31 06:44:17 UTC 2005

Frank Merenda wrote:
> but they don't raise. I had to turn on sound alerts because I am not getting my
> messages from co-workers.

Look at the gaim-guifications package in hoary, it has a notification
popup that alerts you when someone messages you, it's enough to catch
your attention but not enough to distract you.

It doesn't fix the problem but I've found it highly useful when I'm in
another virtual desktop and get a message, it's certainly better than
that laser beam sound gaim defaults to.

--
jorge o. castro <jorge at whiprush.org>