temperature

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 04:30:57 UTC 2005

> do you want to say that mine should work too ?
> or that i'm a rare exception ?

My point was that in some case these cheap motherboards work seems to
work fine with Ubuntu, and someone bad experience cannot be
generalized to everyone with the same model type.  (actually mine is
K7S41GX while the it seems the model quoted in the first email in this
thread was a K7S41; maybe the "GX" makes a difference...)

 > also, can you read the CPU temperature and if so how ?

Actually I don't know if it can from Ubuntu;  it one of these thing I
never figured out how to do. The BIOS can do it, that I know since I
have seen temperature measurements from the BIOS setup menu; but I
never tried from within Ubuntu, but would love if someone would tell
me how to do it.