Dual head display (was: Dual head display issues with Warty)

Christoph Georgi christoph.georgi at web.de
Thu Mar 31 00:57:55 UTC 2005

IMHO, the dual head display capability that most notebooks offer is one
of the most important features for notebooks, especially when
considering the use of notebooks in business/student context
(presentations etc.). Using Linux, however, it is still a pain to
configure dual head displays and it takes most users quite a while to
get it running (I gave up on it with my nvidia geforce 2 go card). And
once it's running problems still persist as for example Gary pointed
out. This is the one "big" thing where I still look back to the "old
days" with Windows, where dual display never was an issue for me. IMO,
this is another "big" barrier (of those few left!) that Linux has as a
desktop OS especially on notebooks.

Isn't there any configuration tool for dual displays, preferably in form
of a GUI, available or planned for Linux?

Thanks
.christoph

--

Christoph Georgi