apt help

Justin Sleith jsleith at apcmail.autopage.co.za
Wed Mar 30 12:17:53 UTC 2005

Morning everyone,

This may be a silly question but I am about ready to pull my hair out
(what I have left anyway). I'm a new user to Ubuntu, after flirting with
Xandros, Mandrake etc and am having a problem with apt, wget etc.

As far as I can tell my network is setup and working correctly. I am
able to ping the url ie: download.ubuntuforums.org and can browse it but
using wget or apt-get update (or install) gives me a timeout error.

I've scoured through the ubuntu forums and help files and cant find
anything that helps. Has anyone had this before?

Justin