Memory card reader (USB port) : ins and outs ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Mar 28 15:51:28 UTC 2005

> It is by no means obvious that the problem is with Ubuntu at all; you are
> using a different device after all.  Try a simple USB "stick"/"key" and see
> if it works for you.
>
> --
>  - mdz

Hi Matt,

Okay, I just re-installed Hoary Array 6 on a crappy old hard drive, then
did a dist-upgrade.  The reader works perfectly now, once I plug it into
the USB connector, 3 seconds later I get a nice icon on the desktop with
an invatation to browse the pics in Gthumb. Lovely.
So, the reader is not at fault... but Warty still can't hot-plug it.

--
Vince