Memory card reader (USB port) : ins and outs ?

Ben Novack bennovack at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 21:26:19 UTC 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:08:03 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez
<vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> I have just been given a little external USB thingey that can read/write
> all sorts of memory cards. It says "7 in 1" on the sticker, but I can
> see only 4 slots in it, I must be missing something...
>
> Anyway, how do I go about installing this in Warty, assuming I leave it
> connected all the time. I am only going to use one card type on it ("SD"
> card, that goes into the digital camera).
>
> Is there some How-To about this kind of product for Warty ?
>
> Any help welcome... :-)

Theoretically, it should be plug-and-play. If that doesn't work, wiser
heads than mine will be required for troubleshooting.

Oh, and the 7-in-1 thing is advertising doo-doo; SD and MMC, for
example, are basically the same thing, and are certainly *physically*
identical, but they get to claim that it works with 2 different kinds
of cards.

---BHN