Acrobat reader 7.0 is out

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 27 02:08:29 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 10:50 -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
> j Mak wrote:
>
> >Acrobat 7.0 for linux is out. I've just installed it
> >on warty and it works like a dream. Fast like a
> >heartbeat.
> >

> OK.  It loads PDFs faster (and presumably more accurately) than xpdf or
> gpdf, but how fast does the program itself load compared to xpdf?
>
> I'd like to know this before I set any defaults in Nautilus or Firefox.
>
> Has anyone tested?

I did some quick tests, just timing the loading of a big (>400page) pdf,
and acroread was slower than xpdf or ggv, but this was with a sample of
one file, it may be faster with some files, this was a file created from
latex2pdf and may not stress the apps like some graphics heavy file
would.
"The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program"
-- Larry Niven