Hotwayd

Shawn Christopher schristopheraz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 17:54:04 UTC 2005

Last night I asked how to get evolution to check HTTP mail (Hotmail,
Yahoo, whatever) and someone recommended hotwayd.

Well after installing it on my hoary box I've gotten mixed responses to
answers. For Example:

1. When I complied/install it on my own it came back with auth errors
however when I tried to telnet in it said

+OK ubuntu Cyrus POP3 v2.1.17-IPv6-Debian-2.1.17-3ubuntu2 server ready
<2130197118.1111825377 at ubuntu>
Connection closed by foreign host.

However followed the website exactly word for word for both inetd and
xinetd and then I got fed up and apt-get remove'd it and then apt-get
installed it. Hotwayd created the lines in the applicable files (I
checked) and now when I try to telnet into 127.0.0.1 all I get is.

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.

And that is all I am getting. Any ideas?. I've looked around the net and
posted to their help forums.

Shawn