Installing Ubuntu over Debian

Mr. Pinto mrpinto at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 17:48:38 UTC 2005

Hey all,
     I am looking to install Ubuntu over top of a (non-Ubuntu) Debian
installation.  I presently run a system with two disks - the first is
partitioned roughly 50/50 between a WinXP install (used by my wife for
Warcraft before we got our Mac) and the / partition for Debian.  The
second disk contains /home.
     I'm probably looking in the wrong places, but I haven't found any
good information online for installing Ubuntu onto a non-Ubuntu Linux
system, specifically keeping the old /home intact.
     I am not concerned about keeping any data on the / partition.   I
am quite concerned with retaining data located in /home.  Is there
deviance from the basic installation that I should be considering?

     ~pinto