zope-zwiki broken after warty->hoary dist-upgrade

Klaus Alexander Seistrup kseistrup at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:02:34 UTC 2005

Patrick Ohnewein wrote:

> I made a dist-upgrade of a warty to hoary. Afterwards everything seamed
> to work correctly. Only the zope products didn't work anymore. I would
> just need the zope-zwiki product.

A while ago the ExternalEditor stopped working here, although it still
seemed to be installed (according to the ZMI), and today ZWiki didn't
appear in ZMI after installing it with APT.  It seems Zope cannot see
the products.

I solved the problem like so:

$ su -
# cd /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products
# ln -s /usr/share/zope/Products/ExternalEditor
# ln -s /usr/share/zope/Products/ZWiki
# ^D
$

and then restart Zope.   It might help you, too...

Cheers,

--
Klaus Alexander Seistrup
Magnetic Ink · Copenhagen · DK