hoary live cds

toyfactory toyfactory at xsmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:37:40 UTC 2005

Just had a five minute play with the Hoary live CDs.  Both Ubuntu and
Kubuntu seem to work without any major problems.  My pesky firewire
drives mounted fine with the Ubuntu one (is that just luck? - I guess
time will tell), however on Kubuntu when I try to open them I get a
sound of breaking glass and a message to the effect of 'they're not in
fstab so I can't mount them".  How do I edit fstab on a live CD?  The
KDE environment looks cute by the way, but it reminded me a bit of the
Windows XP interface, maybe I prefer Gnome after all.

Nick