window managers

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Fri Mar 25 09:08:33 UTC 2005

toyfactory wrote:

> Is anyone here using something other than Gnome or KDE?

  Bah! Sure! :-)
  I'm using XFce, ION and QLMW. Plus KDE and GNOME from time to time.

> How easy
> was it to get configured

  XFce - easy.
  Fluxbox - quite easy.
  ION - hardcore. :-D
  QLMW - .ini file, it has small amount of options

> already installed Gnome or KDE apps working with it?

  If you're running GDM, you'll just need to click *session* button. If
you're running something different or no X starter at all, you can
create .xinirc file and write your own script.

--
  Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, http://bronikowski.com
  If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing.