Ubuntu and laptops

Jon Dixon dixon.jon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:27:05 UTC 2005

Latest available BIOS AFAIK, but I will check.

The laptop is ACPI only - no APM. It is coming up for a couple of
years old though and it was being superceded when I got it - right
price at the time though.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:31:11 -0500, bnutting <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> I'm thinking that it has to do with your particular laptop. I have a
> Dell Inspiron 5000 and my battery applet seems to work fine.
>
> Do you have the most current BIOS upgrades, if any? I know that way
> back in the day, I had issues with my laptop and APM/ACPI and I needed
> to upgrade my BIOS. When I did upgrade things seemed 'fixed'.
>
> Bryan
>
> --
> bnutting

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.
   - Isaac Asimov