Ubuntu and laptops

Jon Dixon dixon.jon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 11:04:15 UTC 2005

I am not sure if I have been down here before on this list, so
apologies if I have.

I have a HP pavilion ze5200 series laptop, and mostly the ubuntu
(hoary) is very acceptable.

My last real issue lies with the whole power management thing. Just
running on battery invokes shorter life, it can't make its mind up
whether I have power plugged in or not - that kind of stuff.

I used to be a SuSE stalwart and theirs worked 'out of the box'.

Can anyone shed any light, and help me gather any appropriate data
that will help get this improved for me and many other laptop users
who like ubuntu.

Much appreciated.

Jon

--
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.