periodic mouse freezes/jumps on Hoary

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Wed Mar 23 17:36:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 11:34 -0500, David Feldman wrote:
> Right...that much I had figured out. But from a practical perspective,
> what do I lose if that's not running?

Your CPU will always run with full speed, regardless if it is needed,
and thus you will have less battery life

> What alternatives do I have?

cpudyn and cpufreqd are similar. However they take other factors into
account, like on battery or on ac, etc. powernowd _only reacts to
whether tho load requires full cpu power or not, which many people find
more convenient