Hoary live CD fails on laptop

MAZDA ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Mar 23 15:27:24 UTC 2005

Hello Carl !

I had at the beginning the same problems like you !

The solution for me was to download the right LIVE CD IMAGE and not the
false.

It exist two CD Images.
A Live CD Image and a Live Preview CD Image.

After reading of your Post i see that you have make the same Fault like
and downladed only the Live CD Image.

Try to download the Live Preview CD Image.
I suppose that this will solve all your problems.

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/download

( after selecting of the download Mirror Click on the second Link from
the top of the Page thats called "Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary Hedgehog)
Preview".
For the German Mirror the download adress is for example is
http://source.rfc822.org/pub/mirror/releases.ubuntu.com/hoary/
and the download file is
hoary-preview-live-i386.iso               10-Mar-2005 10:18  515M )

http://ubuntuguide.org/#downloadubuntu

For more Information.

Greetings Mazda.

--