Firefox instability in Hoary

rykel ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Mar 23 09:37:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

My Firefox 1.0.1 will NOT save a file when I click on it... in fact,
the download manager does not even come up.

The only way I can save stuff is to right click and "Save Link As...",
but as you know, not all links allow you to do that.

Also, Firefox is slow when I scroll around, pull-down menus (such at
the Notification Type menu on this page) or activate one of the icons,
such as the download manager, not like when I just installed a brand
new Hoary. Perhaps it is my official nVidia card causing the
dragginess?

Lastly, I also experienced crashes randomly, although these are
seldom.

Best Regards,

Rykel
Singapore