Acrobat reader 7.0 is out

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Tue Mar 22 18:56:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 06:26:35AM +1200, Bill Christiansen wrote:
> The acroread file needs a link in the path foe firefox to find, type the
> following in a terminal:
> cd /usr/local/bin
> sudo ln -s /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/bin/acroread

Actually:

  sudo ln -s /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/bin/acroread acroread
                                                      ^^^^^^^^

I installed it by converting the rpm to a deb with alien.  It created
/usr/bin/acroread, but that was a file of zero length!  Replacing it
with a symlink worked, of course.

When I start acroread, I get an error that the PPKlite.api plugin failed
to initialize, but otherwise it appears to work fine.

Bob