"I'm not dead yet... I think I'll go for a walk..."

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:12:57 UTC 2005

Hey everyone! Sorry for the obligatory Monty Python quote. :)

For those of you paying attention, my spinal fusion surgery was
cancelled because the workers compensation people "were on vacation
and couldn't authorize it". Then my doc got mad at me and thought I
did it to prolong my taking pain medication - he wouldn't even speak
to me personally. Luckily my family doctor is helping out until I find
a new doctor after all this mess. My pain is quickly getting worse and
therefore the drugs are keeping me more knocked out, but I wanted to
let everyone know that I'm still committed to Ubuntu as much as ever.
(I even gave my doctor a copy. :)

When I do have some "good time", I'm still primarily interested in the
SVG stuff - backgrounds, icons, whatever. I also discovered that Gnome
acknowledges alpha transparency bits in PNG images too, so that might
be fun. If anyone has thoughts I might be able to play with, let me
know! (this especially holds true for Canonical people:) I've made a
convert of another design colleague that wants to help, but I don't
think he's shown his face yet.

The main reason I poked into my Gmail account was to recommend the
new-ish Clearlooks theme and was pleasantly surprised to see that it's
the default now. Excellent choice! Now we just need an easy way to
change colors! :)

I also want to quickly thank the random comments throughout the months
about Nvidia cards. I picked up an off-brand 5200 FX with 128Mb RAM
and it (and it's better drivers) blow my ATI 7500 out of the water. I
pretty much leave the xcompmgr shadows on all the time.

I'm starting to ramble... it's the drugs. I added a few more
backgrounds to my site, but passed out while doing some rearranging on
the page. I swear.... I have XHTML and CSS memorized.... I promise.
:o)

Keep up the good works devs, let me know if I can help with anything
directly. If there's no super-tight deadline, it actually helps me
keep my mind off my aches and pains. :)
--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu