hoary preview at PPC - any luck with wireless or bluetooth ?

Philippe Landau lists at mailry.net
Tue Mar 22 04:59:16 UTC 2005

hello Anil

> Does anyone know whether bluetooth or wireless
 > is supported on PowerPC version of Hoary ?
yes, a friend's iBook (G3) airport wireless
was running better with ubuntu then with MacOS X
a month ago already :-)

ubuntu was somehow incompatible with his
openfirmware password setup though,
so ubuntu would not coexist with MacOS X.

> I have installed this on my PowerBook G4; but the
> network-admin UI doesn't let me add any new network connections !!
unfortunately, my ibook was stolen so i can't help here.

i see a lot of corporate involvement with Ubuntu lately.
how come they have such a wide influence ?

kind regards     philippe