I forgot to mention one thing; was Re: How do I install on a second harddisk

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sat Mar 19 21:46:44 UTC 2005

la, 2005-03-19 kello 14:35 -0600, chris kirjoitti:
> I can't boot from the CD (The computer tries it, and I do have the CD
> as the first device it checks to boot from) but it can't boot.  I don't
> know why.
>
> Thanks
> 	Chris

I have been able to boot succesfully in a similar situation by keeping
the CD tray open for a few seconds after starting the machine and then
closing the tray just before the boot process should start looking for
the CD. If you try this and it doesn't work right a way, try again with
a little different timing. Can't guarantee anything ofcourse, but this
has helped me a couple of times.

Booting from a CD seems to be a bit of a problem for Asus A7N8X-E
Deluxe. I have installed Ubuntu and Windows XP for two machines with
this motherboard and neither of them would boot without the trick above
(BIOS's were ofcourse set to boot from a CD).

Regards,

Ari