Ubuntu KDE

guptan ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Mar 19 08:09:27 UTC 2005

I was going through last 10-11 pages of this thread, and found no one
affected by the name "kubuntu". I welcome KDE for ubuntu, and sincerely
appreciate KDE enthusiasts working harder to bring up refined KDE
experience for Ubuntu users. Adding a "K" to everything you use might
be a KDE tradition, but please take that away from Ubuntu. The name
"Ubuntu" got some meaning, it has a value, and above all its about
"humanity" a feeling that we miss in this Big world. Adding a K brings
down all the goodness of word "UBUNTU" and projects KDE effects only.

DON'T spoil the word UBUNTU, it would be far better if KDE fans chose a
name "Ubuntu, KDE Edition" OR "Ubuntu for KDE" or anything that doesn't
harm meaning of "UBUNTU".

If UBUNTU followers are so unlucky, they will have to see many kubuntu
similar names in near future like:

Xubuntu, Fubuntu, Bubuntu... and many others, I'm leaving it for your
imagination.

--
guptan