help with nvidia and agpgart on hoary

Adam Membrey membreya at optusnet.com.au
Sat Mar 19 05:10:31 UTC 2005

wylfing wrote:
> Doesn't the error message indicate /usr/lib32 contains the "problem"
> libs? I'd try renaming the libGL and libGLcore libraries in /usr/lib32,
> then reinstalling the driver.

ok, I did one better than renaming and moved the libGL* from /usr/lib32,
then it complained about /user/X11R6/lib32, so I moved them ..now I have
an error message of:

ERROR: The runtime configuration check failed for library
'libGL.so.1.0.7167'
        (expected: '/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libGL.so.1', found: 'not').
  The
        most likely reason for this is that conflicting OpenGL libraries are
        installed in a location not inspected by nvidia-installer.
Please be
        sure you have uninstalled any third-party OpenGL and third-party
        graphics driver packages.

/me climbs the walls