Ubuntu install from floppy/network

Thomas Kaiser thomas at kaiser.linux-site.net
Fri Mar 18 20:43:33 UTC 2005

Hello

You could try a remote install. Boot from a floppy based distribution
with network support and ssh-server.
Then follow this guide
http://racon.net/misc/DebianRemoteInstall/debremote.html

The bootstrap packages is available in Ubuntu.

I did this to install pure Debian onto a xbox (with "homemade" xbox
enabled kernel).

Regards, Thomas