bug hoary universe: graveman in universe is placed in the wrong submenu.

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Thu Mar 17 22:22:16 UTC 2005

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 17.03.2005, 22:57 +0100 schrieb Kent Nyberg:
> Graveman is placed in the accessories (sorry if it is misspelled, I use
> the Swedish translation of Gnome) but k3b and Gnomebaker (burning
> applications) is placed in the "sound and media" submenu.  It seems like
> an incosistency that should be an easy fix in the .desktop-file (if i
> understand it correctly). Graveman performs the same tasks as those
> burningapplication and should by normal reason be placed in the same
> submenu.
>
> Im reporting this here since i read on the bugzilla that reports against
> universe should be sent here.
i'm the graveman packager and i must say i strongly disagree here, i
would rather suggest that gnomebaker or k3b install in the accessories
submenu too, since they are in no way sound and media apps, they perform
system tasks for backing up data, mastering and copying CDs or DVDs.
only because they are _also_ able to burn an audio CD i dont see them as
multimedia apps. sorry, but i wont change it.
i will ask the gnomebaker maintainer to put his app in the right menu
too to make this inconsistency diappear.

:)

ciao
	oli