Grub versus Boot Manager

Olafur Arason olafra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:10:18 UTC 2005

Lyx is a good wysiwyg editor for LaTex, that plus the knowledge
of the LaTex language should be good enough for writing books,
but I don't know how it compares with PageMaker because I
haven't used either to write anything. But it has DTP properties
so I think it could be useful for you. Just install lyx and ispell
on ubuntu. There is a guide that comes with it.
Also the following links:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/lyx/
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/awbook/booktips

Latex is primarily used in universities because it's easy to write
math formulas with it. But the language has layout abstraction.

Olafur Arason
Ps you can install kcontrol and go to a Apperance & Themes ->
Theme Manager and choose a theme like Plastik to make Lyx
look better. And if you want the guide in pdf just File -> Export
-> PDF or View -> PDF.