Ubuntu install from floppy/network

Gabriel Patiño gepatino at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 14:01:19 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:20:41 +0100, Jeroen Janssen <japj at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to boot the Ubuntu install from floppy? (and then retrieve
> the rest from the network).
>
> I have a system without a CD-drive and I would like to install Ubuntu on it.

In a laptop with PCMCIA-CDROM, that wasn't able to boot from it, I've
used the Debian unstable install disks. It recognized the pcmcia-cd so
I finished installation from that source, but I think there was an
option to do a net install.  Maybe you just have to point to the right
sources in the net.

I've also tried with standard Debian disks (6-disks set) but didn't
work, it seems to look after a woody directory and I couldn't change
that. Download the unstable disks (only 4 diskettes) and probably
you'll succed.

--
Gabriel E. Patiño